Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hello to all!! This week has been amazing!! WE have visited many cool sites that show the true beauty of Uganda!! Yup...I totally walked in the Nile River!!
WE have also taken trips to many of Cyorfs project sites out in the villages...and all I can say is... they are an amazing organization that really does so much for the people of Uganda!! The people in the villages have a big problem with lack of education on how to better their quality of life..simple things like purifying their water!! Today we also went to our school in Mayuge district...where the majority of our trip will be spent.. and it is beautiful!! I am actually very excited to get to teach there. WE will be working with teens from the ages of 14-20!! Hopefully they won't make us look dumb...haha!! May have to brush up on my chemistry and biology!!:) Last night I also learned how to cook some of the local foods from the girl I spoke about in my previous blog...Viviann!! I learned how to make these noodle things that you sautee (sp) onions and tomatoes, and then boil the noodles in the sauce that cooks from the other materials!! I also learned how to make matooke...which is the smashed bananas!! It was lots of fun!!!
Tomorrow Brooke, Kelli, and I are taking our friend James to the Nile Resort for his birthday... finally a day of swimming and relaxtion!! The resort is beautiful..it overlooks the Nile, and has a swim up bar with the most beautiful pool and lodging...hint hint... come visit and there is a place you can stay!! And by American standards, it's pretty cheap and you get your own little cabing thingy!! :)
Well, I am running out of time, so I guess that's it for today!! I miss and love you all!!!

Lesson for the day Olena Mirembe...Lusoga for---> You have peace!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Darlin...
    It's wonderful to know you're having a good time. The trip sounds amazing!! And oh how I would love to swim in the Nile River! :) I've been wondering how the food situation is going lol.. I bet you're friggin starving! No worries I'll eat enough for the both of us haha!
    I stopped by to see your mom yesterday :) she was pickin sticks up out of the yard and puttin them in the fire pile thing. She got the big tree by the back door trimmed. I'll have to stop by one day and let her read your blogs if she doesn't know how to.
    I miss you chic. :) I love you tons and hope all your days in AFRICA are amazing! I wore my Peace For Uganda hat last night to a get together at Jimmy's and made sure everyone knew i was reppin for UGANDA and my RINNY ROO!!
    You're definately missed sweetheart :)
    BIG HUGS!! & MUCH LOVE FROM TENNESSEE!!
    <3 REN!! :)

    ReplyDelete